Crisp Cross Apple Sauce Recipe
- 8 apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ cup water
Approximately 2 pints (or 1 quart with a little extra to sample!)
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20-30 minutes
- Peel, core, and chop apples into chunks*. Note: Smaller chunks will cook faster, similar to preparing potatoes for mash.
*If you have an Apple Master peeler, this would be an opportunity to core and peel your apples with ease!
- In a sauce pan or pot (deep enough to accommodate the chopped apples), combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. If you used cinnamon sticks rather than ground cinnamon, remove the sticks from the sauce now. Once cool, mash tender apples with a fork or potato masher.
- For chunkier apple sauce, this method will suffice. For a smoother texture apple sauce, consider adding sauce mash to a blender and blending until preferred texture is achieved.
- Chill in a refrigerator and serve, or store in airtight containers for later.
- Article Categories: